2021-10-07 10:14:20 -0600
Now Hiring: Supply Chain Associate
The Supply chain Associate will assist in developing effective inventory strategies for Gathre LC. The Inventory Planner will make projections and recommendations for marketing efforts and manage inventory to maximize profitability. This position reports directly to the Operations Manager. This position is based in our Lindon Utah Office.
CORE JOB DUTIES (includes but not limited to)
- Responsible for forecasting inventory needs of stores through peaks & valleys of business.
- Forecasts for future inventory based on historical buys, reoccurring buys and current inventory levels
- Review, action and maintain target inventory levels across all products
- Review historical demand patterns and define opportunities in inventory and marketing performance
- Support Operations, Customer Service, and Finance team members in all aspects of day-to-day operations to ensure that all Inventory needs are met.
- Responsible for creating requests to Purchasing in support of inventory targets.
- Ensure data accuracy in existing database systems
- Understand and execute all Inventory duties such as stock taking, physical inventory count, inventory accuracy in allocation and consumption, material demand, and purchase order entry as needed.
- Assess and manage inventory levels to ensure supply will meet forecasted needs.
- Perform daily analysis to predict potential inventory problems.
- Involved in Logistics decision-making to balance cost savings vs delivery date. .
- Manage relationships with vendors and internal customers.
- Build processes to avoid stock-outs on inventory and non-stock items for all departments.
- Build Process to help Quality control.
- Hold bi-weekly inventory review meetings with 3PL to ensure alignment on expected marketing events and inventory arrivals.
- Serves as the liaison between customers, marketing, and purchasing to ensure customer demands are being met.
- Track existing product categories and help make strategic decisions on the future state of the company.
- Creates purchase orders of corresponding vendors/suppliers as assigned
- Maintains and updates purchasing data, shipment information and import documents.
- Reviews incoming documents.
- Assists Operations Manager.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and time management abilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proactive problem definition and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment.
- Proficiency in Shopify, Google Docs, Excel
- Possess the highest level of confidentiality and integrity.
- Previous E-commerce experience preferred.
EDUCATION AND BACKGROUND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in Excel, Google Suite, WMS, and other software programs
- Strong analytical skills.
- 1-2 years experience in supply chain management.
- Excellent ability to prioritize, multi-task, work independently, and under strict deadlines.
- Solid organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
If you're interested in the position outlined above please send us an email at email@example.com and include the following: the position you are applying for, a resume, and answer the follow questions:
1. Why do you think you'd be a good fit for Gathre?
2. What experiences or skills do you feel you have that would contribute to this position?
3. When could be your earliest start date?
4. How much are you hoping to make?