2021-10-19 15:59:39 -0600
Now Hiring: Product Designer
The Product Designer will be an integral part of the product team, focusing on delivering human-centered designs that holistically represent the principles of our company’s mission and home-centered products. They will work collaboratively with production manager, product manager, operations manager, and creative and marketing directors through the strategy, design and development phases of our product lifecycle to create, iterate and improve upon the offerings of our Gathre product portfolio.
The ideal candidate has a personal style choice match and a comprehensive portfolio with an emphasis on design for baby goods and home decor. They will be comfortable designing and managing multiple products end-to-end: from ideation, implementation, packaging, and delivery to consumers.
Day to Day:
- Lead the design of products end-to-end
- Contribute to the cohesiveness of the product experience
- Leverage insights from UX research, market research, a/b testing, and analytics to inform design decisions
- Influence product strategy and shape our approach to product development with human-centered design thinking and customer advocacy
- Utilize your full range of product design skills, incl. UX and visual design
- Produce quick sketches, prototypes, and experiments to test ideas
- Collaborate with product managers, creative directors, marketers, and other stake-holders across the company
- Share work, early and often, giving and receiving feedback
- Communicate design decisions openly and confidently, regardless of audience - Execute well in a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Communicate regularly with manufacturers overseas on samples, product design, etc. - Regularly create tech packs for manufacturers to produce samples
- Attend standups, and planning sessions, participating in discussions as design lead You should be confident and ready to discuss the following:
- Your design skills as demonstrated through an in-depth portfolio review of previous, relevant, product design work.
- Your ability to collaborate with a team of product managers, designers, and developers - How you are able to keep projects on track and progressing despite setbacks and unforeseen issues
- Your experience presenting ideas and designs to coworkers and customers
- Your ability to distill and communicate the results of user research and demonstrate how it impacts the design
- The prioritization skills that let you work on many projects at once while maintaining commitments - How you self-manage your time and productivity
- 4+ years of experience
- Proficient in Excel and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working with overseas suppliers and manufacturers
- Ability to follow directions with exactness
- Self-directed and able to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Able to learn quickly and multi-task
- Track record of strong collaboration with product managers and senior stakeholders
Job type: Full and Part Time applicants welcomed
Location: Utah County, Utah
If you're interested in the position outlined above please send us an email at email@example.com and include the following: the position you are applying for, a resume, and answer the follow questions:
1. Why do you think you'd be a good fit for Gathre?
2. What experiences or skills do you feel you have that would contribute to this position?
3. When could be your earliest start date?
4. How much are you hoping to make?